back to the grind

I'm avoiding updating my Livejournal because it involves too much thinking at the moment (says a lot about this entry, heh!) Suffice to say, I visited my parents for a few days, submerged my identity a bit, returned, had a migraine yesterday from delayed tension... Not to say it wasn't a good trip, and I love my parents dearly, but it was a bit emotionally stressful, and I always have trouble reconciling the person I am now with the person I was when I was younger.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit post-migrainey, sort of washed out and fuzzy. I think I'm stressing a bit about all the custom jobs I have lined up at present: I need to finish the scarf I'm working on and send that and its matching hat away, then I need to make a square hat for someone who prepaid (I hate prepaid orders :/) then I need to make 3 pride beanies for someone else. Plus I just had someone come in who'd like a dread beret (I am wearing one at work and they fancied it - nice that someone else finally likes them but just one more thing to do!) and I have to get more of those and some headkerchiefs made for the market in three weeks. At least both those styles don't take long or need much yarn.

Bought some lovely handdyed wool in Auckland, varigated in shades of burgundy, plum, green and blue. There's almost 400m worth (for $16.95, pretty good value), so I've made a dread beret and a headkerchief so far for myself, and am trying to decide what to do with the rest. I'd like to make a Nippertales hat but it's taking me forever just to do my first one, with my tragic lack of knit-fu :( I also bought and received some handdyed merino from Etsy.com while I was away, but it's quite a lightweight ply - advertised as "sock weight" but that's one of those Americanisms that I haven't got a local reference for. It's gorgeously soft, but I don't know quite what to do with 400-odd metres of the stuff! Plus I still have the 160m of local handdyed DK that I've had waiting for me to do something with it for months. I love handdyed yarn so much, but because it's a one-off, I'm always terribly hesitant to use it up.

Comments

Popular Posts