frustration!

So for the past couple of days I've been playing around with the poor old spinning wheel I bought in a job lot for $30 last year. It's an old Saxony style one from the 70s, possibly an old Ashford though it doesn't have any branding on it (if it's homemade, it's a very good production, but it's probably more likely to be one of the various types that were being sold last time spinning was fashionable!) It's in good nick, but pretty basic and the leather thingamawhatsit that joins the treadle to the stick thingee had broken, but luckily the bag of spinning goodies it came with included an Ashford repair kit that had a spare one, so I've just reattached that and cleaned it up a bit. The main problem I'm having is that the Scotch tension brake seems to have come off, and I've got no idea how it's supposed to go back on. I was sure I had a really good book on how to spin lying around, but I can't find it anymore so maybe it was a library book... oh well, I need to drop off an overdue anyway so I guess I'll call in there in the next day or so. Annoying, though, after waiting all this time to get around to it!

Never mind, I've got plenty of clean fleece to practise carding on instead... scratch that, it's just started raining again :( Argh, thwarted - back to the knitting it is then!

Comments

Popular Posts