waiting out the day

It's so hard to get motivated to do anything today - it's the last day before the Xmas break, and I've spent most of it so far eating and talking to people! Yesterday I did much the same so it's tempting to just write off the rest of the day.

Here's a blurry pic of Imogen in her new outfit - quite perfect for today, seeing as it's a bit on the chilly side. You wouldn't know it was summer solstice by looking out the window! The hat I just knocked up quickly from the leftover Noro Kureyon and there was only just enough. Now I'm crocheting her a smaller pale pink cardigan from baby yarn, and sewing a navy t-shirt. Other projects I have planned are a pink and orange brocade 60s style dress, a grey denim pinafore, some black stockings and some more t-shirts. She's going to be the most stylish dolly in the street! :)






And here's the dread beret I made from my single precious ball of Kureyon. You can't see it well in the pic, but the colours go from black to silver to khaki to black to burgundy, so it matches a lot of my wardrobe! I've already got heaps of wear out of this hat.



Now I'm trying to decide whether to eat my lunch or not - it's my normal lunchtime, but I stuffed myself with biscuits and danishes at morning tea so I'm not feeling very hungry yet. So looking forward to my day off tomorrow - my family arrive in town today so we'll see them tonight, but tomorrow they're on a whole-day train trip so I can finish off all my Xmas preparations and have a bit of "me" time before the social whirl starts.

Comments

Popular Posts